Welcome to the Manheim Central Technology Integration Tips Blog! When accessing this blog, please click on the category that you are looking for located on the right hand side. This way, you will find the specific information that you are looking for within this blog.
In addition, do you want to stay automatically updated on whenever a new post is published? Consider subscribing to this blog via the RSS Google option or the RSS Entries option on the upper right hand side of the screen. Click here for more information.
The newer versions of ActivInspire have changed inserting ActiVote questions considerably. When creating ActiVote or ActivExpression questions in a flipchart, check out these steps:
Open ActivInspire and in a blank flipchart:
- Right click and select Insert Questions.
- Now that you are on the design view tab, click on type here to add a new question and type your question.
- Click in question type and select the type of question you want. (Be mindful that ActiVotes only accept multiple choice and Yes/No questions. All other question types are for ActivExpressions.
- A new window opens on the right hand side where you’ll see that you can enter the answer choices, type your answer choices. Select the correct answer.
- Delete the empty answer options that you do not want by clicking on the red X.
- Scroll down the answer window.
- Keep number of responses required to 1
- Check assign correct answer.
- Enter a time limit if you want one.
- (There is no need to create a follow-up question.)
- Check the box, Replace the page content with a new design and select one of the ABC options (Number options are for ActivExpressions!)
- Click Done.
- Now that you are back in the flipchart, flip the page, and go through steps 1-12 again.
Remember, in order to run an ActiVote session, open the Browser by clicking on Ctrl + B (when in ActivInspire).
- Click on the ActiVote icon and then click on ActivExpression and select ActiVote.
- If your ActiVotes are registered you will see them in the browser. Close the browser and you are ready to run the ActiVote session from your flipchart.
If your ActiVotes are not registered and you are running ActiVotes AV3 (AV3 – look at the back of the ActiVote), click on this link to learn how to register them: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JxKsFSCqW8GBipRwfwGZB2c9zcQuxm9f0zZl1F0PH24/edit?usp=sharing
Learn how to make your presentations come to life through the use of two cool web 2.0 products called Animoto or OneTrueMedia. Do you use powerpoint, photos, or videos in your instruction? If so, you can convert them to a quick Animoto or OneTrueMedia presentation which create an amazing, energizing, and fun video for your students to learn and enjoy!
Have you seen how Animoto and OneTrueMedia have changed in the last couple of years? Animoto nows offers an incredible App that you can use to take photos and video directly off your idevice. In addition, Animoto and OneTrueMedia have integrated enhanced video options.
The following video features our Hybrid classrooms. A big congratulations to Mr. Peters and Mrs. Lubeskie!
Check out these helpful tutorials when using Compass with your classes/students. Make sure that you are already logged into Compass before you click on the links below (with the exception of the pdf).
First, click on the correct Compass/Odyssey link for your building and login. Then, return to this post and click on the specific tutorial link(s) in which you are interested.
Creating Classes/Adding Student to Assignments
Creating Assessments (Pre/Post Tests linked to a learning path)
Creating Assignments (not linked to a learning path)
- Building an assignment
- More assignment building
- Assignment archive
- Assignment archive (advanced)
- Editing an assignment
- Unassigning an assignment
- Class progress
- Student Progress Report
- Test Summary by Objective Report
- Attendance Report
- Student Completion Report